1. Abstinence success rate is 100%
The success rate is high, but all the fun is lost. It’s the dumbest thing to do, the worst thing to do.
2. The success rate of menstrual contraception is <30%
One of the simplest facts is that ovulation is also possible during menstruation. Maybe most people don’t get pregnant during their period, but what if you’re one of the few? Some women may ovulate even during their menstrual period. And don’t forget, sperm can live in the vagina for up to eight days.
In addition to the unintended pregnancy that may occur during menstruation, there are several reasons to refuse unprotected sex during menstruation
1. Health issues. The exposed wound in the uterine cavity during menstruation, blood loss, and blood as a medium, such a vaginal environment, such as the entry of unclean male genitalia, easy to cause local infection. Severe cases may lead to vaginal or pelvic inflammation.
2. Endometriosis. Another reason experts disapprove of period sex is that it increases the incidence of endometriosis. In addition, the incidence of ectopic pregnancy is also related.
3. Possibility of anemia. In addition, menstrual sex may also make women bleed more, which increases the likelihood of anemia. Moreover, if the sexual intercourse movement is too intense, it may also cause abdominal pain. Therefore, unprotected sex during menstruation is the most unhealthy form of contraception.
3. Lactation success rate <90%
If you let your guard down because you’re breastfeeding, there may be something you regret. According to the survey, 5% to 10% of pregnant women are inexplicably conceived during lactation. After birth, the baby’s sucking of the nipple reflexively suppresses the mother’s hypothalamus, which inhibits ovarian ovulation. It is possible to use this characteristic of non-ovulation as a contraceptive. But this approach is equally unreliable. Because if the baby sucking the nipple is reduced, the amount of milk secretion is reduced, the concentration of milk is reduced, or the mother is affected by the environment, climate, mood changes and sexual life, the inhibitory effect of lactogenic hormone on gonadotropin is weakened, the ovary will recover from the static state during breastfeeding, release mature eggs, and gradually restore the menstrual cycle.